- Flood & Beach Response Teams:
- Placement of Flood Rescue Life Saving Equipments:
- There are 160 officers and men available for flood response in case of exigency. Placement of all the flood response team members those stationed at Bandra, B.K.C.,Kurla Kamani, Chembur, Marol, Borivali Fire Station .
- There are 13 permanent life guards with trained 23 contractual life guards are posted at Girgoan, Dadar, Juhu, Versova, Aksa & Gorai beaches.
- 1 Station Officer, 3 asst. Station Officer (1 each shift) & 12 fire men (4 each shift) are stationed at Bandra, B.K.C., Kurla Kamani, Chembur, Marol, Borivali Fire Station. Additional thirty trained fire men are kept on standby at various fire stations.
- Following flood and life saving equipment are kept at Bandra, B.K.C, Kurla Kamani, Chembur, Marol, Borivali.
|No.||Name of The Equipment||No. of Equip Issued||No.||Name of The Equipment||No. of Equip Issued|
|1||Inflatable Rescue Boat with O.B. Machine and accessories||1-6||8||Ring Boys with 30 mtrs. Rope Line||5-30|
|2||Inflatable Kayak||2-12||9||Rescue Tube||5-10|
|3||Water Kite||1-6||10||Floating Stretchers||1-6|
|4||Wet Suit||5-10||11||Hand Throw Bag Inflatable Type||3-18|
|5||Water-proof Torch||2-12||12||Polypropylene Rope||4-12|
|6||Life Jacket Foam Type||7-42||13||Driver Knife||2-12|
|7||Life Jackets Inflatable Type||7-42||14||Jeep with trolley||1-6|
- Distribution of Beach Safety Equipment at Stations as per deployment of Beach life guards:
- Coordination :
- (SOP) Flood Rescue & Beach Safety
|Name of Article||Girgaon Chowpatty||Dadar Chowpatty||Juhu Beach||Varsova Beach||Aksa Beach||Gorai Beach||Gowalia Tank||Shivaji Park||Goregaon||Chincholi||Malad||Dahisar|
|Semi Inflatable Boat||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|P F D||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Surf Rescue Boat||1||1||3||1||1||2|
- In addition to the above said equipment the additional back-up Fire Rescue Boat from Govt. of Maharashtra with O.B.M. will be placed at Byculla, Kandivali, Kurla Kamani and Marol Fire station.
- MHA rescue boat will be only used for backup and will be used in-case of any repairs and MFB FRB and in case of rehabilitation.
- A) Dy Chief Fire Officer P S Rahangdale will supervise flood response at City, Western Suburbs & Eastern Suburbs.
- B) In case of exigencies and during high tide coincide with heavy rain, Level 3 & 4 SOP activation overall arrangements will be in coordination with D.F.O. (M) MFB control room , Chief Officer DMP/ CCRS by D.F.O. P.S. Rahangdale contact No.: 9930464820 under the supervision of C.F.O.
|SOP Activation Code||(SOP) Flood Rescue & Beach Safety|
|Level One||In normal routine, the life guards posted at various wards / various beaches i.e. Girgaon, Dadar, Juhu, Versova, Aksa, Gorai are deployed on duty at various beaches. The Brigade Flood Rescue Team remains standby at fire station.|
|Level Two||High-tide (MORE THEN 4.5 MTRS ) days as per below chart & on Sundays as well as Holidays during Manson or heavy shower message received from the Disaster Control Room or Observatory, Level Two will be operated along with Level One staff at six beaches & additional arrangements will be made along with one Asst. Station Officer, 3 flood rescue firemen with necessary rescue equipments along with NDRF & Civil Defence.|
|Level Three||In case of heavy shower, Level one staff and level two staff will be on site along with additional arrangement at six beaches will be as follows:
Station Officer, 4 flood rescue firemen along with Assistant Divisional FIre Officer will be deployed.
Ward level manpower & resources will be asked for through Asst. Commissioner of the concerned Ward.
The Private Institutions i.e. Juhu Beach Safety Association, H2O organization & Local fishermen’s assistance will be taken for beach safety.
|Level Four||In case of major flood and major shower, Level one staff, level two staff and level three staff along with Divisional Fire Officer & Dy.C.F.O. of their respective jurisdiction and if required additional arrangements at the site of beaches will be as follows:
Total staff of Flood Rescue Team i.e. 160 officers & men including 120 regular and 40 fresh/newly trained and men along with Ward Resources, local fishermen, local volunteer organizations, Private Institutions, Juhu Beach Safety Association, NDRF, Navy etc. will tackled the emergency situation.